Tuesday 17 June 2014

Pleats and Purple | Style


Pleats and Purple 

Today was a rainy day, my favourite kind of day. Summer rain storms are some of the most relaxing times. I like to have a cup of tea and sit with my Dad on the front porch listening  and watching the rain, some times hearing the thunder. 

On a day like this I want my outfit to match my mood, cool, calm and collected. To get that mood into an outfit I wanted something that looked pulled together but felt comfortable. 


 I noticed after the fact that everything, down to the earrings, is from American Eagle *Obviously one of my fav places to shop*

I though this shirt was so different and fun. Usually pleats are found on bottoms like skirts so to have a top what was all pleats pleased my classic tendencies. I also liked the detailing of the flowers around the sleeves of the tank, this too is an unusual place to find detailing on a shirt.

The capris are a no-brainer. The distressed look keeps it casual and the looser, boyfriend fit is great for when I'm curled up with that cup of tea.

I wasn't wearing the cardigan originally because it kind of covers the flower detail I love, but with the rain the temperature cooled off and it was a must.



The embroidered flowers and rips in the jeans gave me a gypsy feeling so I went with so large gold earrings to compliment the gypsy soul I was channeling, free and relaxed.
What's your favourite mood to match your outfits too?


xo k


No comments:

Post a Comment