Monday 16 June 2014

Face of the Day | Beauty Products






My Weekend Face of the Day

 

Having a little more time on the weekend is always nice. This is the time of the week I like taking my time with my make-up and test out anything new products or ideas I've come up with through the week!
 
 
This week I had a new mini test product I got with my points at Sephora, (www.sephora.com)  it was the TARTE Cheek Stain in Sheer Berry (www.tartecosmetics.com) . Honestly I didn't get to choose the colour of the stain, and I probably wouldn't have chosen this shade for myself but I have fallen absolutely in love with this colour and product!
 
 
 
I put this stain on my cheeks before my powder, which on the side note was the Honey Bronzer in Light Matte from The Body Shop (www.thebodyshop.ca) , (recommendation by Estee, www.essiebutton.com)
 
 
ANYWAY! back to the stain, I put in on before my powder because it gives the appearance of a natural dew like flush, rather than looking like more blushes that are one of the last touches added to the cheeks. I put this stain on the back of my hand and then used a make up sponge to apply to my cheek bones and back towards my hair line.
 
 

I wanted my eyes to stand out because I was going with a more natural looking flush on my cheeks. So I used the REVLON colorstay eyeliner in Charcoal (www.revlon.ca)  with the Top Shop's  3D Curve massacre in black. (www.topshop.com)
 
 The charcoal eyeliner instead of a black liner kept the look from being to harsh, and gave a bit of a smoky eye effect.  
 
 
To help the smoky eye I used the Marc Jacobs eye shadow palette in Lolita, (neutral palette colours), blending in the crease. (www.marcjacobs.com/beauty)    
 
 
 
 
 
 




Let me know what your go to weekend look is and what products you've been testing lately!

xo k

No comments:

Post a Comment