Tuesday 1 July 2014

Top Ten Drugstore Products | Beauty Product Review



Top Ten Drugstore Products 

I personally L O V E browsing the aisles of drug store just admiring all the different products there are to try. Lets be honest sometimes large make up stores that carry the 'high end' brands can be very intimidating. *and expensive*. I find that the products at the drug store can be just as good and maybe even better! These are my favourite products and what I consider must-haves from the drugstore.

1. Real Techniques Brushes 
Above are the eye and blush brushes. I got these in a set at Walmart for $15. They are very high quality. They don't shed *leave pieces of the hairs on you* and are the softest material! They pick up and hold product perfectly! I literally have not used a single other brush sense I got these! They are a perfect brushes!



2. Maybelline New York The Nudes palette 
I personally think this is the dupe for Smashbox's Full Exposure palette. It is a beautiful neutral palette and the pigment its great. It is also great values this palette cost $15.00 at Shopper's Drugmart where as the Full Exposure palette goes for $56.00. There are both matte and shimmering shades I think this is a great palette that can be used to create any sort of look. 


3. Batiste dry shampoo
I have tried a lot of different dry shampoos how ever I always end up coming back to this brand. This is about $10.00 at Shopper's Drug Mart, but I have found packs of two at Winner's before for $17.00 which is a great price. This dry shampoo does come out white as a spray but once rubbed or brushed into the hair it is invisible. I like batiste because it doesn't leave my hair feeling dry and crunchy. It gives great volume and takes away any greasy look.

4. Say Yes to Carrots Leave in Conditioner
This has been a hair savour!! I run about a quarter sized amount threw my hair after towel drying my hair after a shower. It seems kind of like baby cream. *I don't know why it makes me think of that*
It does feel like you have a bit of styling product in your hair but nothing that weights it down or feels thick or greasy to the touch. I use this after every other shower. It is a leave in conditioner and I seem to see the most results after i've had my next shower and then not put the product in again. It leaves to hair feeling very light and soft. It keeps the frizz at-ease and the split ends disappear. I got this brand at Shopper's drug Mart for around $20.00! *great price for what it does!*

5. Nivea Lip Butter Vanilla and Macadamia Nut 
This lip butter is thick and creamy and wonderful! It taste like the name says, like vanilla and Macadamia Nut goodness! I keep one of these in my purse and on my night stand. It is my go to lip balm. The tin it comes in is so adorable! I love how rich it feels. I am a girl with really bad chapped lips a lot of the time and this is the best lip balm I have ever used! I have got this at Shopper's Drug Mart, Target and Walmart and it costs about $3.00!!!!


6. Maybelline New York Great Lash Clear
I use this as an eyebrow gel. It is great to hold them in place if you have crazy brows and helps hold colour and shape if you fill them in. This product can be found at Walmart, Target and any drug store that sells Maybelline. I think it goes for around $12.00. This product is also nice to use for you girls out there who dont like to wear too much make up or if you don't want to deal with 


7. Revlon Lip Butter
These are super moisturizing and silky on your lips. They leave you with great colour while not drying out your lips. These are my favourite lipstick, lip colour type product from the drugstore. They are great for on the go because they are easy to reapply and moisturize your lips while you're on the go. They are also the perfect something extra to brighten up your look. I got these at Walmart for under $9.00.

8. Say Yes To Cucumbers Facial Towelettes  
These are so refreshing on your face! I love using these when I'm feeling lazy and just want to get all my make up off at once. They smell amazing and leave your skin feeling like it can breath. I have sensative skin and don't usually use anything scented on my face and neck, but these face wipes are so nice! I love how they cool your face. I got this travel size packet at Shopper's Drug Mart for $4.00.

9. Covergirl Tru Blend Pressed Powder (Shade Light) 
When I find something that works I stick too it, and I've been sticking to this powder for about 6 months now. This product is an example for liking the drugstore item more than the high street one. This gives great full coverage and a matte finish. It goes on so even and feels so light on your face while still giving the coverage. I cant remember exactly how much this cost but I want to say I paid about $12.00 at Walmart for this. 

10. Rimmel Scandeleyes Eye Liner 
These are honestly the best eye liners at the drugstore, not just for the price, which is under $4.00 by the way, but for the smooth lines they create. These are soft, smooth liners that are easy to apply. They are great for creating a bold line or for smudging to create the smoky eye effect. I use the skin coloured one to line my waterline, inner eye lid, to brighten the eye area. They don't rub off and can be found at any drugstore, Target or Walmart. 

I love trying out new products so leave me a comment about your favourite drugstore products!
I hope you try some of these and enjoy them as much as I do!

xo k 

No comments:

Post a Comment