Wednesday 9 July 2014

Disappointing Lip Products | Beauty Review


Disappointing Lip Products 


It makes me so sad to do this post, however I need to help out you fellow beauty lovers and need tell you of the products that just aren't worth the hype. This post has nothing to do with the brand the product is from, its just that this one product really isn't their best in my opinion. 


(colour) Ima Goodkisser
The Balm LipStick 

I think I am most sad about this product not having a great formula best the colour is my dream pinky-nude-soft blush colour! When I first tried this on and it settled in my lips literally right away I thought it was my issue because maybe my lips were too dry. I tried it again once I felt my lips were more full and not dried and it did the same thing. Right away it just sets right into every line in your lips. It also tastes, smells and feels chalky. It really is so unfortunate because it is just such a gorgeous colour. 


dark pink - 401 Aurora, light pink - 100 Phenomenon 
Rimmel Apocalips 

I seriously don't understand why these are so popular. I hate the applicator it makes it go on uneven and 'gloopy'. These seriously taste so bad. They leave my lips feeling sticky and they come off weird and leave stains so your lips just look like a mess. Its also so hard to get off at the end of the day, I ended up using eye make-up remover on my lips to get it off. the colour isn't that great either, espically the llight pink colour. It made me look like I was sick. Overall I really do not like this product and never wear it. 

005 Breath Taking Apricot 

Maybelline The Elixir 

This product when I first put it on felt really wet on my lips. I also noticed it had sparkles in it which I really didn't like because Im not five and I don't want sparkles on my lips. Again the applicator is bent and I found this harder to apply. It was hard to apply evenly and overall there just wasn't anything special about this product that makes me reach for it. I am disappointed because I've heard so many beauty gurus and bloggers rave about this gloss and I just didn't end up feeling the same way. 

left (025) Cannes Crush, right (015) Barcelona Nights 

Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain 

To start I thought I'd like the packaging becasue its different and looks nice, but when I actually hold it, it feels more like a piece of children's stacking blocks than something you want to throw in your bag. They are a stain, in that they are hard to get off. The colour again is hard to apply evenly. This applicator is also bent which just doesn't work for me...  The applicator on this product is so bad that it doesn't get enough product on the end for when you are applying and AGAIN is so uneven and annoying. the pigment is good but it feels sticky on the lips and also feels like it builds up into clumps on the corners of my lips. 



Now I hope this helps you decide on whether or not to try these products. I also hope you don't think I'm a Negative Nancy because truly I am a positive person. Lets just be honest, I try a lot of products and they can't all be good. These are just some That I personally didn't enjoy. 

Let me know what products you've been disappointed with, or if you love one of these products let me know! 

xo k 



No comments:

Post a Comment