Saturday 5 July 2014

Saturday Face of the Day | Beauty


F.O.T.D 

Well its the end of the week and like everyone in the working force, I am exhausted. Meaning when I put on my face today, I needed that little extra coverage and colour to help bring me back to life... or at least look like it.  


left to right
the POREfessional Benefits
L'OREAL Magiclumi Concealer (862 Light)
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (Light 1)

I started with the POREfessional primer by Benefits. I put this everywhere on my face, it helps hold your foundation. Next to bring that life to my face I used L'OREAL Magiclumi Concealer under my eyes and down beside my nose and blended that along my cheek bone and then down to my nose in a triangle shape. I then used the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer on any blemishes. 

left to right
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation (51 Light Vanilla)
L'OREAL True Match Foundation (W3 Nude Beige)
The Body Shop All-In-One Face Base (03)

I do have a bit of colour from being out in the sun so I am between shades right now. I didn't want to buy a big foundation in a darker colour, so when I was in Target and saw the little L'OREAL bottle and thought why not try it!? The Bourjois is my all year foundation it literally is like rubbing on the perfect complexion but feels like you aren't wearing any foundation at all; Super light. I haven't gotten a good idea of wheather I like the L'OREAL True Match just because I've been mixing it. However I haven't noticed any bad changes in my foundation and it does help create the perfect colour. I set my foundation with The Body Shop's All-In-One Face base which is a really nice pressed powder. I do Find myself reaching for this powder over the others I have.

top to bottom
Maybelline Color Tattoo (35 Tough as Taupe) & (70 Barely Branded)
ALMAY one coat Get up & Grow Mascara (030 Black/Brown)
Anastasia Brow Wiz (soft brown)
The Body Shop Brow & Lash Gel 
I used the Color Tattoo to create a subtle smoky eye. I just used my fingers to apply. To see a full review on the Color Tattoo Cream Eyeshadows check out my last post

(http://lovelyetcetera.blogspot.ca/2014/07/cream-eyeshadow-lover-beauty-review.html)

ALMAY is the make up brand I got my first products from so its forever going to be my go to/ fall back brand. They are great quality products, I know they work well with my colouring and skin type, as well they are great for people with sensitive skin. What I love most about the mascara though is the brush! It makes your lashes look so completely natural, long and full. Definitely my go to when I just want the job done and done right. The Anastasia Brow Wiz is a great product it gives great pigment and it last though the day. I paired this with The Body Shop eye brow gel. This is a new product for me and I don't have a full opinion on it yet, but let me know if you want a review.

left to right
BareMinerals Mineral Veil
Bite Deconstructed Rose Palette (SIX)
Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee (poppy paradise)


I got the BareMinerals loose powder in a sample set at Sephora and I love it. I already know I'm going to have to get the full size when I run out. I've been using this as my setting powder and it keeps my face matte all day! I love it because it gives that last bit of coverage and setting that makes your makeup look complete. I feel like my make-up just isn't as nice with out setting it with this powder. The lip gloss is from the Bite Beauty Deconstructed Rose Palette. I've done a review for this here..

http://lovelyetcetera.blogspot.ca/2014/06/bite-me-bite-beauty-review.html

Last is the Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee in Poppy Paradise. The name alone has me wooed. I love poppy colours and this is the perfect dewy look for summer. It is great pigment and can be built up. I personally need to find a good way to apply this, right now Im just using my finger tip to apply to the apple of my cheek and back along my cheek bone. I know there must be a better way of doing this... if you have a tip leave a comment! 

Have a great Saturday!

xo k 




No comments:

Post a Comment