Friday 4 July 2014

Cream Eyeshadow Lover | Beauty Review

Lovin' On the Cream Shadows!

Hello my party people! Today I am feeling the cream shadows and I thought it was time to share. I love these particular shadows because they are like wonderful lip balmy goodness for your eye lids!
These are smooth and workable and you seriously need to stop, drop what you're doing and get yourself some of these amazing products! 

Left (70) Barely Branded, Right (35) Tough as Taupe 
Maybelline Color Tattoo

If you are a beauty lover like me, you will probably have already jumped on this band wagon and I'm not going to lie, im a little slow on this one. These Cream shadows from Maybelline are so great for base all over the lid colour or as accent colours. They are so easy to blend and I can just rub them on with my finger which is perfect for those days you're in a rush.  Im always gonna be a nude color kind of girl, especially when it comes to eye shadow. *Can I hear an Amen..* so naturally I got the colours above. 

What I've been doing with these is using the skin coloured one, Barely Branded, as my all over the lid, base colour and then going in with the darker, Tough as Taupe, colour in the corner of my eye and blending that into the crease towards the middle of my eye to create a very subtle smoky eye look.   

(19) Plush Periwinkle 
Clinique Chubby Stick 
This colour, Plush Periwinkle, is a bit out of my box. I have green eyes so purple is a great colour to make green eye pop. Also When I splotched this in the store it wasn't an in-your-face kind of colour it had a smoky greyish-blue-steel tone.. bascially it was neutral enough for this girl! 
*this is about as wild as I've ever gotten with my eye shadow*

I really like the chubby stick because it is so creamy and blendable. It gives off great pigment and is super easy to apply. This colour is quite shimmery, Im not sure if all the colours for this item are, but I don't mind the shimmer if its not too much, and its great to dress up a look if you are going out. 

(002) Bulletproof Beige 
Rimmel Scandaleyes 

Not going to lie I don't think the name matches the colour very well, this isn't beige to me at all. When I put this one it was a warm gold-cream colour. This is a very soft cream when you first put it on your lids. I was a little too generous when I first tried this and ended up having to blend ALOT. However that doesnt take away from how geourgous this colour is! I used this as a base and then used powder shadows over it and it created a beautiful base and primer in a way for the other shadows I added. 



Colours Left to Right 
Maybelline Color Tattoo Barely Branded (70)

Maybelline Color Tattoo Tough as Taupe (35)

Rimmel Scandaleyes Bulletproof Beige (002)

Clinique Chubby Stick Plush Periwinkle (19)

The Maybelline and Rimmel eyeshadow creams go for about $8.00 each at any drugstore, Walmart or Target. 

I got the Clinique Chubby Stick from The Bay and it was $22.00.
 (More pricy, but I would say worth it for the quality!)

Hope you find some creamy goodness for your eyes!

xo k 








No comments:

Post a Comment